2021 Submissions Now Open!
DocFest Programmers are accepting submissions for films to be screened at DocFest’s 2021 Film Festival.
Submissions are open:
September 10 – December 15, 2020
Films will be available to stream online from March 5-14, 2021 (dates may be subject to change).
More detailed information on our hybrid festival model and contingency plans will be made available upon acceptance to screen at DocFest 2021.
Subscribe to receive the latest news and announcements in your inbox.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently planning a hybrid festival experience that offers both online and limited in-person events, held in accordance with applicable public health guidelines. Should the situation with the pandemic change, contingency plans will be in place to expand or limit in-person screening presentations, as required.
About the Festival
DocFest is a documentary film festival focusing on human rights, social/environmental justice and arts & culture issues.
- We screen both feature length and short films
- We preview films on an ongoing basis throughout the year and finalize our selections in January
- Film submissions close December 15th annually
- Submissions are not returned
- All non-English language films must have English subtitles
- Notification for all films selected will be issued by e-mail
- Submit your application using the online form at our 2021 Film Submissions page
- All further inquiries to email@example.com
There is no fee for submitting films for consideration. DocFest will pay screening fees for all films selected for DocFest 2021. Fees are calculated according to the number of minutes of the film and in compliance with the Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA) fee schedule for 2021.
Entry Rules and Regulations
- In most situations, only films completed after October 1st, 2018 will be considered for official selection.
- Distributors must limit their submissions to TWO titles only to be considered by the festival. Any further submissions will not be considered unless prior arrangements have been made.
- All non-English language films must have English subtitles.
- DocFest will only review films that have completed the online submission process unless other arrangements have been made.
- Due to limited resources, only films selected for the festival will be notified by email.
- For films that are selected for the festival, we will require a QuickTime file to our specifications.
- The number, date(s), time(s), and location(s) of screenings of the selected films are at the sole discretion of DocFest. Filmmakers of accepted entries will be notified with these details.
- If you have questions about your submission please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission guidelines for DocFest are subject to change. DocFest reserves the right to rule on all issues not expressly covered in these guidelines.