Submissions are now closed for the 2021 Festival.
DocFest Programmers will open submissions for the 2022 festival in September 2021.
Submissions will open:
September 10 – December 15, 2021
Subscribe to receive the latest news and announcements in your inbox.
About the Festival
DocFest is a documentary film festival focusing on human rights, social/environmental justice and arts & culture issues.
- We screen both feature length and short films
- We preview films on an ongoing basis throughout the year and finalize our selections in January
- Film submissions close December 15th annually
- Submissions are not returned
- All non-English language films must have English subtitles
- Notification for all films selected will be issued by e-mail
- Submit your application using the online form at our 2022 Film Submissions page
- All further inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no fee for submitting films for consideration. DocFest will pay screening fees for all films selected for DocFest 2021. Fees are calculated according to the number of minutes of the film and in compliance with the Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA) fee schedule for 2021.
Entry Rules and Regulations
- In most situations, only films completed after October 1st, 2019 will be considered for official selection.
- Distributors must limit their submissions to TWO titles only to be considered by the festival. Any further submissions will not be considered unless prior arrangements have been made.
- All non-English language films must have English subtitles.
- DocFest will only review films that have completed the online submission process unless other arrangements have been made.
- Due to limited resources, only films selected for the festival will be notified by email.
- For films that are selected for the festival, we will require a QuickTime file to our specifications.
- The number, date(s), time(s), and location(s) of screenings of the selected films are at the sole discretion of DocFest. Filmmakers of accepted entries will be notified with these details.
- If you have questions about your submission please email email@example.com
- Submission guidelines for DocFest are subject to change. DocFest reserves the right to rule on all issues not expressly covered in these guidelines.